Some of the most common complaints involve:
- Buyers receiving goods late, or not at all
- Sellers not receiving payment
- Buyers receiving goods that are either less valuable than those advertised or significantly different from the original description
- Failure to disclose relevant information about a product or the terms of sale.
Protect yourself against shopping and auction fraud.
- Make sure you’ve installed the latest software & app updates.
- Use a strong, separate password for your email account.
- Don’t click on a link in an unexpected email or text.
- Remember, if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Don’t pay for goods or services by bank transfer unless you know and trust the person.